Question: Answer the following questions to form a continuous paragraph. (100 words)
- What are the problems that our farmers face in our country?
- Why do you call them problems?
- Do you think that drought and over-rainfall are the major problems of our fanners?
- How can those major problems be solved?
- Can you suggest any measures for the good economic condition of our farmers?
Answer: The person who does the work of farming is known as a farmer. He is most often illiterate. He does not know how to plow his land scientifically. He cannot apply the scientific method. He has only a pair of bullocks and some handmade tools. Often, he has not enough money to buy seeds, fertilizer or pesticides. These are the typical problems that our farmers face in, our country. He cannot produce more food and cannot make proper use of his land. So, I call them problems. Yes, I think that drought and excessive rainfall are the major problems for our farmers. So, to get rid of the drought problem proper arrangement should be made for irrigation by digging canals and sinking tube wells. Drainage canals should be made so that excess water is drained out during heavy rainfall. The farmers should be given loans without interest and on easy terms to our seeds and fertilizers. The farmers should be encouraged to cultivate a high-yielding variety of crops and to use proper fertilizers.