- Where is a hawker found?
- How does he carry his articles?
- What articles does he sell?
- What does he do to sell his articles?
- When does he approach the women and the children?
A Street Hawker
- Who is a street hawker?
- What does a street hawker do?
- What sort of man is a street hawker?
- What does he sell?
- How does he attract the attention of the customers?
- When does a -street hawker come out to sell his things?
Answer: A street hawker deals in various things by hawking from street to street. He carries his materials on head and sometimes in hand and sometimes in a small handcart. He generally buys his goods at a cheaper rate and sells them at a good profit. A street hawker is very cunning. He knows his business very well. His customers are children and women. He brings toys. sweets and other things for children and sells them at a fixed price at a good rate. He also brings bangles, ribbons. clothing’s, fruits, utensils, fancy goods and things of domestic uses for women. He speaks in different ways to draw the attention of his customers. A hawker also knows the time hour of his business. He does not come when the housemasters are at home. Rather he comes when the housemasters are out of home and when the women are free from their household work and duties.